Just like on any Android phone, custom recovery and root access on Xiaomi Mi4i are also indispensable for a tech-savvy user. To install powerful applications and custom ROMs, strip off bloatware apps, boost performance, enhance with Xposed framework, make system backup, your Xiaomi Mi4i needs a custom recovery like TWRP and root access, though it involves some risk.
Rooting your Android device enables you access system files which are otherwise hidden. There are many applications which have been developed to enhance your user experience but they require special permissions to access your system files, this can be achieved by rooting your device.
In this tutorial, we presenting an easy method to install TWRP recovery and root Xiaomi Mi4i smartphone. The Xiaomi Mi4i Toolkit for Windows helps you install TWRP recovery (v.220.127.116.11) and root your Mi4i just with a few clicks. All you need to connect your Xiaomi Mi4i to your PC, download the Xiaomi Mi4i Toolkit, run it and select your options.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk to root your Xioami Mi4i. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong with your Xiaomi mi4i. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Steps to be followed To Root & Install Recovery On Xiaomi Mi4i:
- Download the zip file from here and extract to your PC.
- Disable your Antivirus and Mi Phone Suite before starting this tool.
- Now go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI version 7 times to enable Developer Settings.
- Now open the Developer Settings and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to your PC and open ‘mi toolkit.exe’
- Now the option for the action you want to perform and press Enter.
- Wait for process to complete and then Reboot your device.
- Now Your Xiaomi Mi4i Rooted.
Thank You 🙂