Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7102
No doubt that rooting your phone give your the complete control on your device; it can also harm your phone. The worst part is getting your phone bricked. This is why think twice before you root your device.
- Download | Odin Tool
- Download | CF Auto Root
- Download | CWM Recovery Or TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102
- Download | Samsung Kies
Things That We Need :
- Not necessary but it is a good idea to charge your phone to a battery life more than 50%.
- Create a backup of your apps, messages, call logs, important files, and gallery.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer options.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers for your phone.
- Download Galaxy Grand 2 CF Auto Root Package. Once the download is complete, extract the files of the package in your PC.
- After extracting the package you will see a file named ‘CF-Auto-Root-ms013g-ms013gxx-smg7102.tar.md5‘ in the extracted folder.
Root Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 :
Having made the preparations mentioned above, you can now proceed to root your Galaxy Grand 2. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open Odin folder and launch Odin 3.07.
- Turn off your Grand 2 and boot it into Download Mode. You can do it by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with yellow exclamation mark, press Volume Up key.
- Connect your phone to computer the USB cable provided with your device.
- If the ID:COM port on Odin turns light blue and “Added!” appears in the message box, your device is connected properly. If you do not see any sign of connection, reinstall the drivers, reboot PC and device and try again.
- Now click the PDA button on Odin and select CF-Auto-Root-ms013g-ms013gxx-smg7102.tar.md5.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected on Odin and then click the Start button.
- Wait till CF-Auto-Root package is flashed to your device.
- You will see PASS! message and your phone will reboot automatically at the completion of installation.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable and wait till the device boots up.
Install TWRP/ CWM Recovery on Galaxy Grand 2 :
By now you should already have a rooted Grand 2 on which you can enjoy root apps and Xposed Framework and its modules. However, if you also intend to install custom ROMs, mods and create ROM backups, you should install a custom recovery too. Here’s how you can do it. The procedure of installing the recovery is the same as rooting the device.
- Launch Odin tool.
- Put your phone in the Download Mode and connect it to PC.
- Click PDA and select the recovery file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Then click Start button to initiate installation.
- Wait till the custom recovery is installed and your phone reboots.
Done! You should now have CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102. To boot your phone in recovery mode, press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together for 3-4 seconds.