CM12.1 Lollipop 5.1.1 Custom Rom For Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7102:
Galaxy Grand 2 users would definitely want to get a lollipop for their device as well and checkout what’s new in this firmware. While they can’t do this officially, an alternative is required and in this case, it’s possible using a custom ROM.
About CYANOGENMOD :
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Lollipop ROM Details:
This amazing CM12.1 Unofficial custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. A quick list of the main features in CM12.1 Unofficial is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102:
- Stable ROM
- ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat base
- Based On: CyanogenMod
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos.
- Custom Recovery Installed.
- It Should Be rooted.
- Take Backup Of Your Personal Data.
- Charge Your Grand 2 Upto 75%.
Instruction To Install Lollipop 5.1.1 On Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 :
- Download ROM and GAPPS (link in download section) and save it to external sdcard root directory.
- Reboot device into recovery by press holding ‘Volume (up)’, ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ buttons simultaneously.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
- Format System and Boot
- Select Install ROM from External SDcard
- Install GAPPS from External SDcard
- After successful installation, reboot device
- First boot will take 2-3 minutes time
- Yess!!! You have a lollipop in your hand now.