Motorola Moto G 2 smartphone was launched in September 2014. The Moto G 2 comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels at a PPI of 294 pixels per inch.
The Motorola Moto G 2 is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and it comes with 1GB of RAM. The Moto G 2 packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Motorola Moto G 2 packs a 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
What Is Unlocking Of Bootloader ?
An unlocked bootloader of moto g2 is what gives you access to “root.” “Root” is another big word in the Android community. If you “root” a device, It means you have “super user” access or “administrator” access to the operating system that runs on your phone.
WARNING: UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader of moto g2 will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.
- Download the Android SDK OR Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop. Download here.
Procedure to unlock bootloader of moto g2
- Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
- Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here).
- Connect your Phone to PC.
- Type this in the CMD prompt window – fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C].
- Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
- Now go to the Motorola Site.Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at previous step. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY” button will appear at the bottom of page.
- To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
- Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected).
- Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
NOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email.
- Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin.
- Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto G(2nd Gen).
To relock the bootloader
- Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock
The unlocking of bootloader of moto g2 is done 🙂