How To Remove Shortcut Virus :
This shortcut virus replicates your files and folders, hide and replace it with shortcuts.exe. This is a combination of Trojan and Worm. The bad thing about this shortcut virus, it will leave you no options but to click it in order to open your files and folders. Then after executing it, the virus starts to duplicate itself and install malicious software that monitors your computing habit and worst, steal your important data and credit card information.
Sometime you connect your pen drive to your friend’s computer for exchanging data and you didn’t know is your friend’s computer is already infected by shortcut virus, So when you connect those pendrive to your computer it automatically infect your computer also.
Follow The Steps To Remove Shortcut Virus :
- open Run by pressing Win+R
- Type “cmd” and hit enter
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:*.*
- replace G with your drive name
- Hit Enter
Follow these steps to remove shortcut virus from pen drive using command promt. After successsful operation you can recover your file which was converted into shortcut.
Tips To Prevent Shortcut Virus :
- Always keep your antivirus up to date.
- Make sure you are only opening any removable disk after scanning.
- If you do not have any antivirus, then keep your Bluetooth turned off.
- Avoid plugging-in any USB drive if your antivirus is not updated.
- Keep running boot scans once in two-three weeks.
- Avoid opening any file/folder by double clicking on it because many malicious scripts
- hidden in a file or folder gets executed only when someone double clicks on them. To be
- on a safer side, open a folder/file by doing a right click on it and then click on open.
Note: After when you got your files, just copy your files somewhere in your PC and format your drive and then copy again your files to the drive. Only then your shortcut virus will get off from your PC.
Thank You 🙂